Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Kochere Coffee
Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Kochere coffee is an exquisite, floral-bodied medium roast. With a predominantly lemon forward flavor, this particular Yirgacheffe coffee mellows into a very balanced and well rounded cup. It has less acidity than other African coffee offerings and proves to be an excellent choice for almost any coffee lover.
- Cupping Notes: lemon, honey, mild
- Roast Body: Mild
- Roast Level: Medium
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Single Origin: Kochere, Ethiopia
- Origin: Kochere, Ethiopia
- Altitude: 1,798 - 1,996 meters
- Varietal: Heirloom
- Process: Washed
- Drying: Sun-dried on raised tables
- Harvest Period: September - December
- Export Period: April - July
Within the popular Yirgacheffe growing region of Southern Ethiopia you will find the small woreda or district called Kochere. Kochere provides communal washing stations for local farmers to process their coffee after the harvest. This African district is well known for producing high-quality Ethiopian coffee beans - where the acidic, mineral dense soil and soaring altitudes make for a perfect coffee growing micro-climate.