Unique Ways to Enjoy Iced Tea This Summer!
Tuesday, June 06, 2017
— Updated December 23, 2022
Now that things are heating up (thank goodness), cravings for iced tea are at an all-time high! Below are a few ways to step up your iced tea game this summer – whether you’re sipping alone or serving impressive drinks at a backyard barbecue, here are some of our favorite iced tea recipes using unique products from our Positively Tea line of USDA organic teas!
Raspberry Peach Iced Tea
- 4 tbsp. Positively Tea Juicy Peach Black Tea
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 peaches sliced
- Agave nectar to taste
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Steep Juicy Peach Black Tea in 4 cups of boiling water according to package instructions. Once prepared, allow it to cool.
- Combine peaches, raspberries, and agave nectar in a blender until smooth (strain if necessary).
- In a large pitcher, whisk together fruit mixture and brewed tea, then refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve chilled mixture over ice and garnish with mint for a fabulous, fruity black tea treat!
Hibiscus Arnold Palmers
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice from 4 large lemons (slice extra for garnish)
- 1/3 cup agave nectar
- 3 1/3 cups filtered water
- 4 cups prepared Hibiscus Tisane (brew according to package instructions)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Fresh berries (of your choosing) for garnish
- In a small saucepan, combine agave nectar and 1/3 cup of filtered water. Bring to a boil and stir to blend, allowing to simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a pitcher.
- Juice lemons and combine with agave nectar and water in a pitcher. Add an additional 3 cups of water to dilute the mixture. Add in prepared Positively Tea Hibiscus Tisane brewed and garnish with lemon slices, berries, and mint.
- Serve over ice and enjoy this tart and refreshing take on a summertime classic!
Strawberry Jasmine Iced Tea Coolers
- 6 tsp. of Positively Tea Jasmine Green Tea
- 4 cups filtered water
- 2 cups diced strawberries (for strawberry simple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups cane sugar (for strawberry simple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water (for strawberry simple syrup)
- Bring filtered water to a boil and transfer it into a separate container. Once water has slightly cooled (around 180 degrees), add Positively Tea Jasmine Green Tea and steep for 3 minutes. Transfer brewed tea to a pitcher and refrigerate.
- Wash and dice fresh strawberries. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water on the stove, stirring until dissolved. Once sugar is entirely dissolved, add strawberries and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow to simmer as the combination begins to thicken. Fruit syrup is ready when it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Once the simple syrup is ready, remove from heat and store in a heat-safe container. Once cooled, add the syrup to taste in your jasmine iced tea.
- Serve tea and syrup over ice and garnish with fresh diced strawberries!
White Peach Tea Bellini
- 1 white peach
- 1 part gin (of your choice)
- 2 parts prosecco (of your choice)
- 2 parts brewed Positively Tea White Peony tea
- Muddle white peach (saving a slice or 2 for garnish)
- Brew 2 parts Positively Tea White Peony tea according to bag directions. Chill in refrigerator before combining it into the cocktail.
- Once tea is chilled, combine 1 part gin, 2 parts prosecco, and 2 parts iced White Peony tea in a cocktail shaker. Shake.
- Pour cocktail over muddled white peach and garnish with fresh peach slices for a delicate summer tea cocktail.
Ginger Mate Spritzer
- 1 1/3 cups brewed Positively Tea Yerba Mate
- 1/4 cup crystallized ginger (fine grade)
- 2 2/3 cups chilled ginger ale
- Brew Positively Tea Yerba Mate according to directions on packaging. Combine crystallized ginger to tea while hot. Once completed, transfer to pitcher and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Once tea mixture is thoroughly chilled, strain out ginger using cheesecloth or a fine sieve.
- Pour mate and ginger combination over ice and top with ginger ale for a sweet, spiced, and refreshing summer spritzer.
Blood Orange Rooibos Tea Punch
- 2 cups of Positively Tea Blood Orange Vanilla Rooibos (brewed)
- 2 cups blood orange juice
- 4 oz. vodka (of choice)
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- Mint leaves *for garnish*
- 1 blood orange, thinly sliced
- Brew Positively Tea Blood Orange Vanilla Rooibos according to package instructions. Once brewed, transfer to pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
- Combine remaining ingredients into chilled tea, add vodka to taste.
- Pour cocktail over ice and garnish with fresh mint and citrus slices for an antioxidant-packed tea punch for summer parties!
Orange Blossom Oolong Lemonade
- 6 cups filtered water
- 12 tbsp. Positively Tea Orange Blossom Oolong Tea
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Agave nectar to taste
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Orange slices to garnish
- Brew Positively Tea Orange Blossom Oolong according to package instructions. Once brewed, remove from heat and transfer to pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
- Once oolong tea is cooled, combine with fresh-squeezed lemon juice. Cool combination for an additional 2-3 hours.
- Pour cooled lemonade tea over ice and add agave nectar to taste. Serve with lemon and orange garnish.
Ginger Marmalade Pu-Erh Iced Tea
- 1 1/2 tbsp. marmalade flavor of your choice (we recommend orange or apricot)
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped ginger
- 1 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Positively Tea Pu-Erh Tea (brewed strong)
- Orange twist for garnish
- Brew Positively Tea Pu-Erh tea according to package instructions. Once complete, transfer to pitcher and refrigerate until thoroughly cooled.
- In the bottom of a cocktail shaker, muddle marmalade, lemon juice, and freshly chopped ginger.
- Add the brewed Pu-Erh tea into the cocktail shaker with ice and shake until combined.
- Strain combination into glass over ice and serve with an orange twist for garnish.