Best Summer Tea Drinks
Friday, June 03, 2022
The sun is blazing, air conditioners are running nonstop, and the humidity engulfs everything. Hot tea’s just a bit too hot, so we’re putting everything on the rocks this time of year (well, almost everything). You’re probably going to need a little caffeine to keep you literally sprinting to some shade and wherever else you dare to go. We can help you there.
Here are five tea drinks that’ll pep you up and remind you of cooler times.
Spiked Mango Tango Arnold Palmer
Servings: 1 | Prep: 5 minutes
Tee off with this twisted and tropical take on a classic.
- 1 cup brewed Mango Tango black tea, chilled
- 2 oz. vodka
- 3 oz. fresh-squeezed lemonade
- Steep 2 tbsp. Mango Tango tea in 1 cup water for 3 minutes.
- To a cocktail shaker full of ice, add all ingredients, and shake vigorously till the shaker is frosty.
- Strain over ice and enjoy!
Peach-Strawberry Lemonade Tea
Servings: 5 | Prep: 7 minutes
Juicy, fruity, and perfect for the weekend!
- Ice (lots of it)
- 4 cup fresh-squeezed lemonade
- 2 cups brewed Peach Oolong tea
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- 1 peach, sliced
- Lemon wedge, to garnish
- Strawberry, to garnish
- Steep 2 Peach Oolong tea bags in 1 cup water for 4 minutes.
- Fill a pitcher halfway with ice.
- Add in all ingredients, stir to combine.
- Serve over ice, garnish with a lemon wedge, strawberry, and a cocktail umbrella.
Strawberry Passion Iced Tea
Servings: 1 | Prep: 6 minutes
It’s amazing how a little somethin’ somethin’ can take a drink up a level. Passion fruit with a hit of tart-sweet strawberry.
- 1 cup brewed Passion Fruit Black tea, chilled
- 2 oz. strawberry syrup
- Steep 2 tbsp. Passion Fruit Black tea in 1 cup water for 3 minutes.
- Decant into a vessel half full of ice. Swirl to chill.
- To a pint glass full of ice, add strawberry syrup and tea.
- Stir to combine, serve, and enjoy!
Coco Berry Sangria
Servings: 1 | Prep: 10 minutes
Summer’s here! If your tea’s not boozy and bright, you’re not doing it right.
- 6 oz. brewed Coco Berry Mango tea, chilled
- 6 oz. rosé
- Drizzle of honey
- Sliced fruit (we used strawberries and blueberries)
- Steep 2 tbsp. Coco Berry Mango in 1 cup water for 7 minutes, remove leaves, and allow to cool. If you’re impatient like us, rapidly chill the tea in an icy cocktail shaker.
- To a glass full of ice, add the sliced fruit, a drizzle of honey, and rosé.
- Strain tea in and serve with a notched strawberry on the rim.
Servings: 1 | Prep: 7 minutes
Nothing hits like a Dirty Shirley—it’s effervescent, crisp, and juicy. This one’s just got a little more cherry and a lot more caffeine.
- 6 oz. brewed Cherry Blossom Sencha tea, chilled
- 2 oz. vodka
- 1 oz. grenadine
- 4 oz. lemon-lime soda
- Maraschino cherry, to garnish
- Steep 2 tbsp. Cherry Blossom Sencha tea in 1 cup water for 4 minutes.
- Rapidly chill tea in an icy cocktail shaker until frosty.
- To a poco grande glass, add ice, strained tea, vodka, grenadine, and lemon-lime soda.
- Top with a maraschino cherry, serve, and enjoy!
We know no one can be bothered to do anything on a hot day, but if you’re able to muster the willpower to make any of these heat-beating beverages, we think you’ll be glad you did.
Tea is as hydrating as water, so go for it. We’re not dissing water, but tea tastes better anyway.