Sumatra Swiss Water Decaf Coffee - FTOFresh Roasted Coffee
Excellent Sumatran coffees truly capture the jungle essence flavor-wise, producing an earthy and sometimes vegetal cup with chocolate undertones and a creamy finish. Our Sumatra Swiss Water Decaf Coffee is a Fair Trade Organic option that uses a completely chemical-free decaffeination method to retain optimal flavor and body.
- Cupping Notes: earthy, creamy, baker's chocolate
- Roast Body: Bold
- Roast Level: Medium
- Certifications: USDA Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Swiss Water Process
- Caffeine Level: Decaffeinated
- Single Origin: Bener Meriah, Aceh, Sumatra
- Origin: Aceh, Sumatra
- Region: Bener Meriah Regency
- Altitude: 1,200 - 1,500 meters
- Varietal: Catimor, Ateng, Timtim, and Bourbon
- Process: Wet Hulled - Semi Washed
- Drying: Sun dried
- Harvest: October - December
This shade grown, Organic Fair Trade decaf is produced by a small group of Gayonese farmers each owning less than one hectare of land. Strict organic farming methods are followed, with coffee pulp being one of the main elements of the fertilizer and farm animals being fed with the same tree leaves that help to shade the budding coffee plants.