*Packaging may vary
Lemon Balm - Botanical Tea Bags
Lemon Balm is an herb closely related to peppermint. Unlike mint, it has a lovely lemony flavor and aroma. The latin name (Melissa officinalis) harkens back to ancient Greece, where the Lemon Balm plant attracted many honeybees. “Melissa” is the Greek word for honeybee. It has been traditionally used as a tea to aid in relaxation, due to its calming smell and taste, it also blends well with other soothing herbs like chamomile and peppermint.
Lemon balm is a good source of Vitamin C, Thiamine (Vitamin B1), polyphenols and other antioxidants. It also contains Eugenol, a natural compound commonly used by dentists for anti-inflammatory and antibacterial effects (www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/003042209290020Q). Eugenol is predominantly found in cloves, but is an added benefit to those who prefer the taste of Lemon Balm!
Warning: This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Please consult your physician before use, especially if you are pregnant or nursing.
- Instructions: Steep at 205 degrees for 4 - 6 minutes; Serving size one tea bag
- Benefits: Vitamins + Minerals
- Certifications: USDA Organic, OU Kosher
- Taste Profile: Citrus, Mint
- Country of Origin: Albania, Italy
4 - 6 minutes
Caffeine LevelCaffeine Free
20 servings per container
Serving size 1 Tea Bag
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0g0%
Total Carbohydrate 0g0%
* The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a serving of food contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.
‡ Daily Value not established.
INGREDIENTS: Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis) (Leaf)