Organic Dominican Republic Coffee - Direct TradeFresh Roasted Coffee
A delicious and mellow cup of true island coffee with sweet well-roundedness and a strong finish. This coffee has very low acid making it easy to distinguish the sweet apple, grape and vanilla flavors throughout the cup. This USDA organic, Direct Trade offering is a stunning example a of single estate tropical coffee.
- Cupping Notes: baked apples, vanilla, grape
- Roast Body: Mild
- Roast Level: Medium
- Certifications: USDA Organic, Direct Trade
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Single Origin: Cibao, Dominican Republic
- Origin: Cibao, Dominican Republic
- Altitude: 1,300 meters ASL
- Varietal: Red Caturra
- Process: Washed
- Drying: Sun dried
- Harvest: February - May
The family who owns and operates this single estate farm in Cibao has made amazing contributions the the community by donating books and computers to local schools and helping Haitian immigrants obtain legal residence so they can be paid fairly. The operation is run by natural gas which is produced by fermenting the discarded coffee cherries.