Unroasted Organic Bali Blue Moon Green Coffee
Organic Bali Blue Moon coffee is overwhelmingly rich with syrupy dark chocolate notes, a creamy mouthfeel and spiced finish. The earthiness found in many Indonesian coffees takes a backseat with this Bali Blue Moon coffee, where earthy notes are very subtle overall. This stunning Rainforest Alliance Certified, single origin organic coffee remains one of our all-time best sellers.
After a devastating volcano blast in 1963, the Balinese government revitalized their coffee agriculture and economy by handing out coffee seed stock to local farmers and encouraging an island-wide coffee growing campaign. Today, there are over 7,000 hectares of organic coffee growing farmland in Bali, Indonesia. Pesticides and chemicals are illegal to use on any of the crops, which are farmed using 100% organic fertilizers. Improved coffee growing practices have only increased the worth of this remarkable Bali Blue Moon coffee, as well as improving socioeconomic conditions across the entire island nation.
- Cupping Notes: dark chocolate, vanilla bean, anise
- Roast Body: Bold
- Roast Level: Medium
- Certifications: USDA Organic, Rainforest Alliance Certified
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Single Origin: Kintamani Highlands, Bali
- Origin: Bali, Indonesia
- Region: Kintamani Highlands
- Altitude: 1,299 - 1,699 meters ASL
- Varietal: Bourbon, Typica
- Process: Wet Hulled
- Drying: Dried on mats to 40% moisture, then hulled
- Harvest: May - July
- Export Period: August - October
Our unroasted, green coffee selection is intended for roasting purposes.