Unroasted Organic Nicaragua Green Coffee
Our fair trade, organic Nicaragua coffee receives high marks in both body and character and is balanced by a medium acidity and sweetness. The smooth body of this Nicaraguan coffee is highlighted by sweet lemon flavors topped off with a notable walnut and cocoa finish.
This particular Fair Trade organic Nicaragua coffee is meticulously picked, de-pulped, fermented and dried by the caring members of small and local family-owned farms that make up the Cooperativa Multifuncional Family Coffee R.L. (COMULFAC).
The COMULFAC cooperative was founded in 2013 to help local farming families organize their resources and combine their efforts to receive higher premiums for their wonderful Nicaraguan coffee. These vital premiums help to support social projects determined to improve the quality of life for the farmers and their families.
- Cupping Notes: cocoa, walnut, mild lemon
- Roast Body: Mild
- Roast Level: Medium
- Certifications: USDA Organic, Fair Trade Certified
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Single Origin: Jinotenga, Nicaragua
- Origin: Nicaragua
- Region: Jinotega
- Altitude: 980 - 1,400 meters ASL
- Varietal: Caturra, Catuai, Bourbon, Catimor, Marogogype
- Process: Fully Washed
- Drying: Sun dried on patios and guardiolas
- Harvest: December - March
- Export Period: February - July
Our unroasted, green coffee selection is intended for roasting purposes.
ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA