Dark Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Kochere CoffeeFresh Roasted Coffee
A dark, bold and flavorful take on our Ethiopian Yirgacheffe Kochere coffee. Our Dark Ethiopian Yirgacheffe takes all of the rich citrus and honeyed sweetness of traditional African coffee and amplifies the flavor. With no bitter aftertaste and a clean profile, you get to experience the complex and bright flavors of a traditional Ethiopian Yirgacheffe, at a darker and deeper level. This is the perfect choice for dark roast coffee lovers.
- Cupping Notes: lemon, honey, bold
- Roast Body: X-tra Bold
- Roast Level: Dark
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Single Origin: Kochere, Ethiopia
- Origin: Kochere, Ethiopia
- Altitude: 5,900 - 6,550 Feet (1,798 - 1,996 Meters)
- Varietals: Heirloom
- Process: Washed
- Drying: Sun-dried on raised tables
- Harvest Period: September - December
- Export Period: April - July
Yirgacheffe Kochere coffee is a prime example of how excellent washed African coffees can be. Washed or wet processing of coffee generally creates clean flavors and produces a consistent flavor profile. The acidity is diffused in these coffee beans more than most Ethiopian coffees, even while being grown in acidic, mineral dense soils. Without overwhelming the palate with too much acidity, the final Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee creates a remarkably flavorful cup with just the right amount of citrus and fruit notes.