Organic Colombian Sierra Nevada Coffee - Fair TradeFresh Roasted Coffee
Our fair trade and organic Colombian Sierra Nevada coffee has a silky smooth body with notes of almond and chocolate, and a hint of citrus at the finish. This best selling fair trade Colombian coffee is very flavorful and has more unique cupping characteristics than a basic grade Colombian coffee. The USDA Organic and Fair Trade Certifications also ensure that this Colombian coffee was grown, harvested and bought with the utmost care and responsibility.
- Cupping Notes: creamy, milk chocolate, almond
- Roast Body: Bold
- Roast Level: Medium
- Certifications: USDA Organic, Fair Trade Certified
- Caffeine Level: Caffeinated
- Single Origin: Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Colombia
- Origin: Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, Colombia
- Altitude: 2,952 - 4,265 ft
- Varietal: Typica, Colombia varietal and Castillo
- Process: Fully Washed
- Drying: Sun dried
- Harvest: November - February
- Export Period: December - May
The co-ops that produce coffee from the Sierra Nevada region of Colombia were created to unite local farming families in the area and to help eliminate the competitive farming practices that previously drove the regional market.
Today, united and working together, these local farmers - many who are recognized victims of armed conflict - help to produce some of the most pristine and sought after Colombian coffee in the country.
These farmers and their families work diligently to preserve local eco-systems and wildlife, further enhancing this fair trade Colombian coffee through the use of organic farming practices that help to promote biodiversity and socioeconomic stability.