Indian Monsoon Malabar Water Decaf CoffeeFresh Roasted Coffee
Our darkest and boldest single-origin decaf, Monsoon Malabar coffee is loaded with intense rich and earthy flavors and a smooth finish. Using the Royal Select Water Process method, this particular water decaf coffee is 99.9% caffeine-free and uses no chemicals during caffeine-extraction. Leaving this Monsoon Malabar water decaf coffee full of flavor, without the buzz.
- Cupping Notes: chocolate, earthy, exotic
- Roast Body: Bold
- Roast Level: Dark
- Certifications: Royal Select Water Process
- Caffeine Level: Decaffeinated
- Single Origin: Mysore, India
- Origin: Mysore, India
- Altitude: 914 - 1,828 meters ASL
- Varietal: Kents, Cauwery
- Process: Monsoon Process
- Drying: Sun dried
- Harvest: November - February
- Export: October - February
Indian Malabar coffee undergoes a meticulous "monsooning" process well before it reaches the point of decaffeination. In a warehouse, the beans are put through a simulated monsoon season being soaked with water and exposed to moving air. Once they are monsooned, the beans undergo decaffeination by Royal Water which removes 99.9% of caffeine without using harmful chemicals.