5 Boozy Coffee and Tea Drinks for the Holidays
Friday, December 03, 2021
Earlier this year, David B. came to us from one of our surveys, saying he loved our coffee, was an avid mixologist, and had a bunch of cocktail recipes he wanted to share with us. Obviously, we said to send ‘em over. Boy, did we underestimate how many recipes he’d send! In the spirit of the holidays, we want to share a small slice of David’s recipe book.
When all the hats, gloves, and wool socks in the world can’t keep you toasty this winter, whip up any of these cold-weather cocktails and settle in. They’re sure to warm you up when the temps drop down.
Black Knight Old Fashioned
Smoky, sweet, and smooth. Consider substituting Black Knight SWP Decaf for an evening cocktail if you’re concerned about the caffeine.
- 2 oz. Black Knight Fresh Roasted Coffee (brew fresh but use at room temperature)
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1/2 oz. simple syrup
- A dash of Angostura bitters
- Lemon peel
- Combine coffee, bourbon, simple syrup, and bitters in a shaker filled with ice.
- Stir for 30 seconds and strain into a rocks glass over a large ice cube.
- Squeeze lemon peel over the drink, then garnish with the lemon peel.
Earl Grey Mar-Tea-Ni
A creamy, citrusy, refreshing kick to this traditional cocktail. Surprisingly delightful!
- 1 1/2 oz. gin
- 1 1/2 oz. Positively Tea’s Earl Grey De La Crème (brew fresh but use at room temperature)
- 3/4 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice.
- Shake for 10 - 15 seconds and strain into a martini glass. Enjoy.
Hot Irish Holiday
A rich dessert treat! The spicy tea flavors match perfectly with the apple and sweet cream.
- 2 oz. Irish cream liqueur
- 3 oz. freshly brewed Positively Tea’s Masala Chai
- 1 oz. apple cider
- Cinnamon stick
Instructions for a Hot Cocktail:
- Mix all the ingredients in a mug. Enjoy!
Also excellent as a Cold Cocktail:
- Reduce tea to 2 oz.
- Combine first three ingredients in a shaker filled with ice and shake for 10 - 15 seconds.
- Strain, add the cinnamon stick.
Chocolate Stout Affogato
The best way to describe this one is “decadent!” Coffee + chocolate + ice cream? This is one we’re going to enjoy all year long.
- 1 scoop coffee ice cream
- 2 oz. of your favorite hot Fresh Roasted Coffee, freshly brewed (we used Blackbeard’s Revenge)
- 1 1/2 oz. chocolate liqueur
- 4 oz. chocolate stout beer
- Place the ice cream in a glass. Pour the hot coffee, chocolate liqueur, and stout over the top. Enjoy!
European Hot Toddy
People used to drink Hot Toddys to ward off a cold, but don’t wait until you get the sniffles to try this one. It’ll warm you from tip-to-toe. Use Decaf English Breakfast if this is your nightcap.
- 8 oz. of Positively Tea’s English Breakfast tea, freshly brewed
- 1 tablespoon honey, or to taste
- 1 1/2 oz. brandy
- 1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice, or to taste
- Lemon wedge
- Cinnamon stick
- In a mug, add the tea and honey. Stir with the cinnamon stick to combine.
- Add the brandy and lemon juice and stir.
- Garnish with the lemon wedge and leave the cinnamon stick in the hot toddy. Enjoy!
I’m an elementary school teacher from New York and a Home-Mixologist. I love cocktail recipes, cocktail facts, cocktail history, cocktail making, and, of course, cocktail drinking!David B.
Do you have a favorite recipe using Fresh Roasted Coffee or Positively Tea? Let us know! We’d love to share it!